Monday, April 7, 2008

Revelry and Stuff




The Renaissance Faire was super fun! The boys were ridiculously adorable and seemed to really enjoy themselves. Me, Sarah, Hunter and Nathan (Jeremy stayed at home with Jason) left Saturday morning at 7am and after making a stop by Wal*mart and Hardees, got there at 11am. We stayed until 5:30 and got home around 9pm. It was a blast, and I got stuff for my gypsy costume for the Virginia Renaissance Faire! Which we will be attending Saturday of opening weekend, May 16-17th. Anyone who wants to come is welcome, we'll be saving lots of moolah by staying at Sarah's house.

Today at work was... taxing. I ended up stripping the whole barn of all its shavings (which is something I've yet to do) and laying down all new shavings. We really need to get another load of shavings - the current shavings are wet, musty and just nasty - so the horses can have a good, clean area. Apparently, one of my "jobs" is to clean in front of the barn and in the ring (a good 1/3-1/2 of the field) of poop, which I was only told a week ago. Figures. The missionaries did it last week, which was wonderful again, but they'll be at work tomorrow so I'm going to have them help me clean it this week too. Luckily, it only has to be done once a week. I was so pooped today after work, all the bending and scooping really took a toll on me and sored up my hands. I was glad my list of "To Work With" horses was only two, and they're both easy ones that only need 15-minute sessions.

Jon, Shaunna and Brandy came over tonight to help plan some Young Single Adult activities. The only problem is, everyone wants to cater to everyone's needs/available nights/etc, but I don't think they realize is that we can't. We can't discuss every service project we want with everyone, that's not the way things go. WE (meaning the leaders, so I suppose me and Jon) pick something and tell everyone. I wanted Shaunna and Brandy help Jon boy and me think of ideas, but I didn't mean to have everyone's opinion on things. We only scheduled one thing, which is the "Conversation Jar" and snacks for this coming Sunday. Haha, it was Brandy's idea, and trust her to think of an excuse to use the conversation jar. :-P Elder Jolley used to really like the conversation jar. He was such a cutie, ;D


Anyways, Sarah go check the Bruington's Biggest Loser blog, I posted.

1 comment:

Aimée Dillon said...

Randomly found your blog, I was wondering if at the VRF you met the swordmaker?