Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Exhaustion and Regret


So my old riding instructor Aspen emailed me yesterday offering me an almost two-year-old filly for free. Her name is Mystic, and she ties, leads, loads on any type of trailer, has been worked with NH on the ground and can walk on a tarp and be covered with it, walk on a bridge, have a bucket of rocks shaked around her, etc. She sent me some pictures, and she just looks absolutely adorable! Isn't she? xD I was really kinda anxious, prayed about it, talked to Sabina about it, and really THOUGHT about it. But of course without a thought of "Maybe it could work" Mom shot me down, which was totally and utterly disappointing and I cried. I know everyone else must think it ridiculous, but she'd be ready to saddle train when I get back from college, and then me and Sabina would BOTH have a horse to ride on the beach ride. Ugh, I thought I had gotten over it, but now that I'm writing/thinking about it I haven't. I was just really looking forward to training a young horse again, ESPECIALLY because I now know what to do! >_>... oh well, me and Sabina will just have to be content sharing Justin at the beach.

I am exhausted, but I can't allow myself to be. I have an exam to study for that I've only studied three times for, and I've still got 8 chapters to study! Plus, I need to do chemistry which I haven't done in awhile. So, once I'm done with this I'm going to go make myself study and do Chemistry, and then I'm going to go ride my horse because he needs it and I need it. I'm just so sick of being dirty and I have to get home and feed the goats when I'm done at work, so I usually just go straight home.

I trimmed Piper's, Malik's and Boots's hooves today. Piper's got jacked feet because we haven't trimmed them in ages, so I had to do some corrective trimming to be redone at the beginning of May. (Mom said that her friend does her goats quarterly, but since we've neglected them, Boots, Piper and Malik - though him not so much - need to be trimmed monthly until their hooves are growing normally) That really pooped me out, especially being bent over little Malik and Boots and previously carrying 3 full hay bags, a bucket and another flake of hay around to feed them all. Oh well, I'm glad I got them all fed, trimmed and watered. Not sure if I'm gonna do Bill's hooves yet... they probably need it since they're immersed in wet mud right now... the perfect scenario for growage...

No comments: