Monday, September 1, 2008

Day Date for Distraction

Okay, I was very homesick this morning (read post below), called Mom, cried a little, but she of course helped me to feel so much better. I love my mom. Anyways, I decided I needed something to distract me because all of my friends that are up here right now are occupied elsewhere today, so... I made the trip to Idaho Falls (that I'd been planning). Got on Google around 11am, got directions to Target and headed out.

Wow. The directions were crap, dumped me off on an exit 7 miles before Idaho Falls, I went off it and on some other roads for an HOUR, ended up retracing my steps, getting back on 20, then going off a different exit which took me right next to the temple and some dam of sorts (oh, maybe the Teton Dam? haha), I stopped at a Wal-mart (everywhere I'd been looked like a trashier part of town, so when I saw the temple and then wal-mart I was relieved), went inside, it was SUPER busy but also a SUPER big walmart, got a sandwich, asked for directions to Target. So, I arrived at Target TWO HOURS after I left to go there, when it normally should've taken me 40 minutes max?

I browsed Target for close to an hour, maybe over. All I purchased were pants for work and a super cute shirt because I felt like the prices of the clothes were too expensive. Oh, I also got double stick foam things and push pins to mount my cork squares on my wall. I browsed college items for awhile (they have all of these 'college 08!' items), but resisted the bed risers until I know if I need special ones for wheeled beds. Then I went in a different clothing store, tried on some clothes, ditched 'em and went to Michael's. At Michael's I got the stuff for... well, it's a surprise. Then I went to Pet Co, looked over hamsters, birds, fish, etc. I really want a hamster, and since I have no animals here it wouldn't be neglected! Problem is, while its not in our contract, I don't know if it'd be okay to have and our Landlady is super strict so I better not chance it. We're gonna get fish though, maybe one... maybe two... I dunno. I looked over beta tanks and smaller aquariums for awhile, and of course went and stared at this adorable Teddy Bear male hamster. I wanted him.

I then went to the mall. Went through JC Penny and literally went in the changing rooms 4 times! I had a buttload of clothes each time too! But... none of the sweaters looked good on me, it was really disappointing. But, I did discover that I'm not a size 12 in women's or a size 13 in juniors -- I'm a size 10 in women's and a size 11 in junior's!!! No wonder all my pants have to have belts with them! They had corduroy's on sale for $20 bucks a pair, really cute corduroys and I'd been wanting a pair, but... I didn't get 'em. Went into Old Navy, tried on some shirts and discovered (and remembered!) that I HATE the way Old Navy's clothes fit, they just get longer and not much wider and just suck to your sides. I discovered that I really do gain weight on the sides ('love handles') and even though I've dropped 2 1/2 pant sizes, no shirts that grip you at ALL look good on me because of my nasty fat on the sides. A big disappointment, but I was happy about the pant size.

Also dropped in Barnes and Noble, found the 4th and 5th books of the Bloody Jack series, then went and tried to find the only Manga I've ever read because it's so funny, but they didn't have it. So... I left. Went by Arby's on the way back and got a Martha's Vineyard Salad, omitted the sliced almonds, choked down 2 of the 3 tomatoes, and only used a little less than half of my lite ranch packet. Drank all my water.

I was gonna retrace my steps to get back on 20, well... I retraced them at least 3 times, and FINALLY got onto highway 20 25 mins later! Rode it all the way to Rexburg, then I decided that I would treat myself to some ice cream that I would savour. I went to Coldstone Creamery for the first time in my whole life, sampled this new frozen yogurt (it's plain frozen yogurt, literally! 25 calories) and some other flavors, but ended up getting the smallest size of Cake Batter ice cream because I wanted to splurge. I was tempted to get mix-ins, but I resisted! Took it and went to Porter Park, walked around in the FREEZING cold (well, freezing for eating ice cream and it only being September 1st), allowed my fingers to turn red and got back in my car.

I ended the day by going to the temple's parking lot. Basically I looked at the view from up there, gawked and gazed at the temple, took some pictures and headed back to the Kay's house. I arrived at 7:30pm. It was an 8 hour trip!

It poured rain here in Rexburg yesterday, but today it didn't rain here at all yet it poured rain in Idaho Falls. Oh, and it's 46 degrees outside. :) I love it.

No comments: