Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A Day of Unfortunate Events

Okay so my english teacher had us reading a novel that was terrible and full of profanity, s*x*al content, etcetera. So I basically told her it bothered, offended and made me feel uncomfortable when I read it. "Too late to do another novel" she said, and then she told me to skip to the last section. Then I did and it was clean. GLAD THAT'S OVER WITH! Tuff luck for me, I still have to write a paper on the thing w/two outside resources. x_x

Anyways! So the only happy thing in my life is ANNE OF GREEN GABLES SERIES!!! I listened to the first one (Anne of Green Gables) on CD years ago when me, Mom and Laura drove to Texas in the van, so I started reading Anne of Avonlea last night. (While I was post-nasal-dripping due to Sunday night being spent at Danielle and Stephen's house, I felt terrible... but thanks to prayers, garlic and anti-histamines, I was better today! and no sore throat...>.<) I read it for probably about 3-4 hours today, after skipping Geometry, going to Biology lecture and skipping Biology Lab. Unfortunately, we had a test today in Geometry... I hope Mister Custer'll let me make it up, but he's a jolly ole chap so I'm sure he won't mind. I tore myself away long enough to go with Brandy to her friend's band playing at the Farmer's Market, and then a band called "The ???" played. It was fun! I saw a guy that used to flirt with me and -in my eyes- led me on at work, WHO I avoided extensively, and a girl named Katie that I met when her mom bought one of our goats and who I hung out with a little... yeah, I avoided her too- I wouldn't've known what to say!

Then Brandy's car died in McDonald's drive-thru, we went to the church and the oil light came on, so we checked it and filled it with a 1/2 full bottle from MY car, then went to wal*mart, talked in the parking lot for 15 minutes, then went in and got oil, two super cheap flashlights (for our cars, neither of us had one!), then went back to the church (in JER, btw, faithful ole oldsmobile), put THAT quart of oil in (I accidentally got a wee bit upset/spat at her when she spilt alot, but I repented and felt bad immeadiately- Brandy's too darlin'), then checked it and it hit the first of the two holes on the dipstick. WAHLAH! *high-fives with Brandy* We're oil savvy! Hahaha, too bad I still don't actually know how to CHANGE oil. So there's my adventures for today.

No comments: