Tuesday, June 3, 2008

BYU-I'd

I'm liking it here quite a bit. Church on Sunday was cool, we meet for Relief Society, then Sunday School and THEN Sacrament Meeting. We're one of the few wards (there's 89, we're the 20th) that gets to meet for Sacrament Meeting, and all the rest of our classes are in classrooms. Our ward consists of the entire Brooklyn Apartments building and some other boy apartments. There's 3 Relief Societies (dunno how many Priesthoods), 3 Sunday Schools (you can attend whichever one you want), then a Temple Prep and Family History Class (both done during Sunday School/Gospel Doctrine). It's huge! Oh, and our Bishop is Bishop Bishop. Get it? The last name's Bishop. Anyways...

Me and Cami went and visited the guy she's dating (though they're not 'official' yet) named Justin. He's so super nice! We hung out at his apartment with him and two of his roommates, then he invited us to eat this delicious (but fattening I'm sure) dish of scallops potatoes and meat and also green beans, canned peaches, and homemade grape juice. All the canned stuff was home canned, and the guy has a wheat mill too! He apparently only eats homemade bread, so he's got his own 5 gallon buckets of sugar, wheat, etc. and his own wheat mill! No wonder he shares my horse's lovely name. :)

Sunday evening I can't remember what we did. Stayed up late that's for sure. Yesterday morning though at 6:30am me, Katey and Vanessa went to the gym and worked out on the ellipticals. I'd never been on one before and it is a SERIOUS Leg workout! I really liked getting my card swiped and using their gym clothes, they were real comfortable. The rest of Monday I occupied myself by going to some I-team stuff where we got the BYU-Idaho welcome from President Clark and his wife, watched some videos of the campus and info about it. Then we went and played games in our groups which were fun (one of them consisted of pulling apart a frozen t-shirt and putting it on someone - harder than it sounds, and lining up shoulder to shoulder, tying all of our legs to our neighbors and manuvering across carpet pieces placed on the ground) and then ate lunch which was a 'barbecue' but consisted of only burgers. Ick and fattening. I wish they woulda just called it was it was, a COOKOUT, because Barbecue means barbecue... at least to ME it does!

Me, Taleea and Katey went shopping when my i-Team stuff was done. We walked all the way to Broulim's (which is thankfully VERY close to Kroger, which is nice since there AIN'T none here!), I got my groceries and on the way back as we were about to collapse (it was a good 10-15min. walk) one of our FHE brothers, Stace, pulled up in his car and took us home.

Then we had FHE with our FHE brothers and sisters (FHE consists of two girl apartments and one guy apartment), we had planned beforehand for all of us at our apartment and our brothers (only one of our brothers did it, and two others joined in at the end) to eat with our hands and NOT tell our FHE sisters. None of them said anything and it was hilariously fun! They had planned the FHE and had planned for us to have a dinner and for US to bring the main dish... a little odd, but whatever, Taleea made lasagna. It was fun, then Stace gave a spiritual thought and we discussed FHE activities. We might go to a Circus next week, and we're planning on doing a FHE Trail ride, because they have it available for $60 for your whole FHE group. So hopefully that'll happen, I know I'll have fun! Oh, and ALL of our FHE Brothers are really cute and very nice.

Taleea made cookies later last night, I ate way too many and we took some to our 'brothers'. I was very bored last night actually, until Katey and Taleea and I put on Pocahontas and were chatting. We leave the door open all the time when we're in the living room, so some random girl ran in the room and said "I LOVE Pocahontas!" and started singing with us. Hee hee, it was actually quite funny and also fun. The social stuff is so fun here! I finally got to bed around 12:15-12:30...

Woke up this morning permanently at 8:00. There was some Morningside Devotional and breakfast as part of the 'i-Team' stuff, but we were supposed to meet at 6:30 and I was way too tired. I woke up at 6:30, then at 7:22 and then at 8. I finally made myself get up, fixed myself some breakfast and went up to the gardens for the i-Team's service project. We cut fabric for bags, so we cut the bag part and the straps and pinned them together so someone can sew them later I guess. Not sure what it was for. Then, I went with one of the i-Team leaders, two guys and two other girls and we went to the boys' dorms' lounge. Sat and watched one of the girls and one of the guys play ping pong for about an hour, and then some lady came down and said that girls aren't allowed to visit until noon. Which is true and I knew that but... I forgot, haha. So then we went and looked around the Benson building which is the Horticulture/Agriculture building, there's all these greenhouses and one of them is set up like a rainforest with a waterfall and stuff and it was so pretty inside! Then we went and looked in this wild animal museum room with ALL of these animals mounted in there and that was pretty cool.

So afterwards and later, I met Sara Anderson for devotional and went to devotional with her, then went and saw her on campus dorm, then came back here. I cleaned the kitchen, started a load of laundry and now am writing on here. I'm gonna go to this I-Night Extravaganza tonight with some girls I met, so hopefully that'll be fun.

No comments: