Saturday, May 31, 2008

Apartmented at last!

So, this morning me'n Daddy went to the apartment building and signed all the forms I needed to. Then, I went up and met my roommates, and they were all so nice! Taleea basically tackled me as soon as I entered, it was so nice to be so well recepted! Then me and Dad went grocery shopping, and when we came back, I stayed and put stuff away and basically did all my unpacking and organizing while Dad went and did a session at the temple. Oh, I forgot that we went and got my i-card, my books and a pair of byu-idaho sweatpants from the bookstore before we went to the grocery store. Anyways! My i-team leaders came by (i-team leaders are part of each group of new students for the get connected activities for the first 2 days to get to know others and get used to campus) and invited me to the 3:30-4:30 Get Connected preview. I thought I probably should go, but... Taleea said she didn't go, and the people who I signed up for it with said nothing really happened till Monday, so I'll just attend that stuff on Monday.

Taleea finally got back, we hung out here for a bit with some of the other girls, then walked down to the local Park with Vanessa to visit Katie and just see it. There's a carousel there and a little water park area thing, it's really cute. Apparently though, it's a big couple hangout, one of the quite a few it seems. Afterwards, we went and walked all around campus, Taleea showed me around and helped me locate some buildings that I've got classes in. It's not a super big campus, but it still is big... 460 acres, I think they said. After that, we hung out at the apartment for a little bit then me, Katy, Taleea, Vanessa and Nathan (one of our FHE brothers) went and saw Prince Caspian (I saw it for the second time; the first time was with Bryan, Brandy and Bonnie). I actually got bored with the movie this time and while we were watching it, I was thinking about college, getting paranoid, getting homesick and getting kinda nervous/scared. But, once it was over, we went to Dominoes and ordered a couple pizzas, then ate them in the Lounge. I didn't stay long in the lounge though, because Dad got me and we went to Wal*mart and got a bunch of stuff I realized I needed AFTER I moved my stuff in. Plus, I got three pairs of shoes, because all I had with me were my brand new Brookes for running, my adidas, my flip flops and a pair of slippery black sunday shoes.

Anyways, I really like it, my roommates are all so nice. There's Vanessa, Katy, Cami, Taleea and Megan. Sometime I'll have the motivation to post pictures!

No comments: