Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Good ole Justin!

Me and Sabina went to the Timed Event Finals at the barn on Saturday, and took some adorably cute pictures with Justin. Watching all the stuff really motivated us both: Sabina to lope/canter more and learn to sit it, and Me to work harder at training Justin and work on barrels and poles with him. It was really fun, and a really good lookin' guy won the Team Roping belt buckle. Oh yeah, it also motivated me to earn a belt buckle one day! I really want one!

Then we rode yesterday morning and he did GREAT! We did the barrels, Sabina loped alot and he stayed at the rail and didn't drift. I personally think the hackamore we used made all the difference, plus I think Sabina's gotten more confident and balanced all around. :D I contacted Aspen about taking lessons from her (trailering Justin down there), perhaps every other week. It'll be nice for me and Sabina, and we can each do 30 minutes -which if we warm up before our lesson starts- we can do alot within those 30 minutes. I'm really excited to start! Aspen is such a great teacher and knows so much! Plus, she's never had a steady enough lesson program for me to really progress to riding the experienced horses (right now, she only teaches students with their own horses), she keeps stopping and picking back up. So hopefully I can just get going with Justin and when she starts back up again I can take regular lessons with hers.

Justin's saddle doesn't fit...still!!! It's not touching his back in the rear of the saddle at all, which means it's too large up front and is falling too far down on his withers. Sooooooo, I ordered a cutback/built-up pad which has extra padding built up at the withers for prominent withered horses. Well, his aren't REAL prominent, but maybe it can just help it fit better. Hopefully! *crosses fingers*

No comments: