Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Silly and not so silly Sickness

I just got over being sick from Sunday to Monday. Barf! But not literally, I had a sore throat and runny nose and the whole bit. Now I get to hawk up yellowish mucus because I have a sinus infection, YAY! :D Actually, I AM grateful I got sick, because now I won't be sick on the Beach Ride. I was so afraid that I might, since I had a sore throat on my first trek, and now I have reason to relax and rejoice!

Last night I got up out of bed and met Brittney, Cathy and Darren at my barn to get Justin. So we loaded him up (No problem!), secured him and took him to their house. He was a little antsy while they were moving, because her trailer's significantly bigger (it's a draft horse trailer we both assume) and he was trying to turn around. We put him in Twister's stall and put Twister in Cruise's old stall, and they got along great!

Sad news: Sunday, my friend Brittney's 25+ year old gelding "Cruise" got colic, twisted his intestines and had to be euthanized. It was really sad, but better to be there and say goodbye than to wake up one morning and find him dead. She got to say goodbye this way. Twister (her other horse) was pretty devastated. The next morning when she let her out, she ran around whinnying for Cruise (she was really herdbound to Cruise) and couldn't find him, but then she found the spot where he was buried and just stayed there pawing and sniffing the ground. :( She was SO happy to see Justin, and just stood there with her nose touching his withers. Awww!

It's a good thing we brought Justin over Monday instead of Wednesday (because we're leaving for the beach on Thursday) so Twister could get distracted with another horse and not pine away for Cruise before the beach ride.

No comments: