Sunday, January 22, 2012

Best Friend Weekend

I just got back from going to Taleea's house this weekend! I was supposed to get lots of homework done before going, but I ended up doing homework on the way and I did the MINIMAL AMOUNT possible while I was there. I rode down by getting a ride through the ride board at school, and ended up riding with this guy named Alex (from Mexico), Melissa (from Chile) and Julia (from U.S.A.). I took dramamine and read my Anat & Phys book the entire way down. We stayed up until like Midnight Friday night and I got some stuff submitted for schoolwork.

Saturday, Taleea got up and went to the store and got us donuts and bananas for Sunday morning breakfast and she made us pancakes, eggs and hashbrowns! Oh, Taleea and I slept in their bed and Nathan, her husband, had his 17 year old brother Kaleb over too the whole time, so they slept on the floor. Their apartment is tiny but SO cute! They surprised me with us going ice skating, and it didn't hurt my shin splints (Which is good) but it did make my right arch ache and my ankles a little sore. I kept falling, but Taleea and Nathan and Kaleb just looked SO comfortable on the ice! I got better though. Then it started raining, and then snowing HUGE snow flakes! We bought two pizzas at Papa Murphy's and cooked them at their house, pepperoni and chicken artichoke! MASARAP! The boys went to go see a movie and then Taleea and I walked to their library and checked out all three Anne of Green Gables movies to watch. We ended up only watching one because it was three hours long! The boys came back in the middle of that and Taleea made a birthday cake for me (Jan 12) and Nathan's brother (Jan 16), yellow cake with chocolate frosting and reese pieces on top spelling "Happy B-day!" That was our dinner b/c the pizza was so filling. Then I worked on my chemistry lab and we watched Deja Vu that was REALLY good!

This morning we got up, showered, ate our donuts and bananas and went to church. Afterwards, I washed dishes while Taleea cooked "Baked Ziti" some salad and texas toast from Walmart that was SO delicious! The house smelled heavenly, and I ate more cake. Then we played this fun card game called "Guillotine" and my ride texted me and said he was on his way, so I left!

I have redone my entire homework schedule because I am WAY behind and need to spend more time doing homework and schoolwork. Especially if I want to get an A in this class! I probably wasted a little TOO much time here at our apartment today (and ate way too much cake! my roommate made a devil's food cake with TONS of icing which is always a bad thing for me whose weakness is icing!) but oh well! Tomorrow is a new day and RIGHT NOW is a new minute!

No comments: