Monday, January 2, 2012

College ulit

I just arrived at my old apartment that I used to live in over 2 years ago here at college. Some others warned me that I had no idea who my roommates would be; I was running a risk just going and not knowing who my roommates are, etc. But I was determined to make the best of it and expect wonderful, sweet, kind and friendly roommates. So far so good! They are super nice and funny! Shay is hilarious and Myra is a vet major and her family has a ranch of 3,000 acres!!! The three of us really bonded this evening; they're both really laid back and we all three have the same interest -- Books! And the same kinds of books too. How fun! My room roommate, it's rather ironic, has red hair! Just like my beautiful Taleea! She's funny and loves to talk, but I find her amusing and entertaining. She's got so much energy!

Bonnie and I flew on the airplane together to Salt Lake, and then Taleea and her husband Nathan met me at the airport. First time I'd seen Taleea in over 2 years, I was SO happy! I didn't think she'd ever let me go out of that vice-grip hug! Haha, and being Taleea and having all the cute ideas, they'd fixed pb &j sandwiches for our lunch all complete with chips, moon pie, reese cups and candy canes! And then we hung out until the big shuttle bus came, and even after checking in with the driver we just stood outside and chatted. Nathan is a saint and so wonderful for Taleea, they look so cute and happy! I told Taleea that she looks like a married woman and she thought that was funny. She tickles me to death.

I met a couple girls on the bus, and after arriving curbside on campus, I started on the LONG journey to my apartment complex. It technically isn't that long, quite quick when I'm not carrying a heavy backpack, big full purse, two coats, a plastic bag with a pot in it and two very heavy suitcases! My right arm HURT from pulling my swiss suitcase. No doubt it'll be sore as anything tomorrow. I'm so happy to be at college again!

No comments: