Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sore Shin Splints

Try saying that ten times fast!

I got some serious shin splints today from A) Clogging class for an hour, and then... B) World Dance class for an hour - Tai Chi, Bulgarian and Irish, and then... C) Country Dancing and lots of triple step and only on the balls of my feet. My legs are dying, but my shins are both wrapped and covered in icy-hot to reduce the pain.

Also the top of my left foot feets bruised... I probably need to get some sort of special socks or something for that.

But I danced with this asian guy that I met named Jeffrey. I met him last Friday night walking home from Latin Dancing, but he didn't remember me although he seemed like he remembered my face... vaguely. He asked me to dance and it was a waltz-ish country song, so we waltzed and WOW He sure can DANCE! It's a good thing I was consciously thinking about my following and good frame because I think I did about a 75% job on following and keeping up. He had me do all KINDS of stuff, it was absolutely amazing! But he's asian! They are just so talented at almost everything, or from what I've seen anyways.... I went with my friend Shawn who is somewhat learning to dance or at least improve his country dance skills. I'm afraid I messed him up though because I have discovered...

Country dancing is not my thing. I can hardly do the basic step, and ballroom, swing, and latin are SO much more fun! Time to go to bed, it's 11pm and an hour past my bedtime.

No comments: