Friday, September 21, 2007

Camping Trip


Me, Sabina, David and Laura all went camping Wednesday night and it was so much fun! Me and Sabina started the day by going to the barn and working with Justin on the ground. He's lost alot of weight and my saddle doesn't fit him anymore, grrrr... so anyways, then we went to Wal*mart and bought a bunch of Halloween decorations because they were so cute and SO cheap! We came back to my house and spent the day decorating for Halloween. I know it's early, but we're gonna wait till October to do the yard, so it also gives us time to prepare! ;)

After we finished decorating we went downstairs and we clogged for probably an hour or more. Sabina's doing awesome and we even did a little combination I put together. It was so fun! Then David showed up and got upset at us for not 'preparing' for our campout. I was a little perturbed, we still had plenty of daylight left AND maybe we wanted to do other stuff! So, I enlisted Sabina's help and got everything together and ready to go within about 30 minutes. We put it in "Ole Farmer" (the old blue truck) and just parked it down in the woods in the camping area so we could pull stuff off the bed as we needed. Turns out, we forgot a couple of items but only made three trips back up to the house. (once to get necessary stuff, the next to take Laura to the bathroom before we went to bed, and I went by myself to go tie Billybob back up! Piper and Buttercup were in heat) David built a fire and we cooked hotdogs and heated up spaghettios for dinner, topped off with some old marshmellows for dessert that really didn't turn out good. They wouldn't get gooey! You'd cook 'em for an hour, but you'd go to eat them and they were melted but still... hard. I'm not sure how to explain it, but they weren't very good. But David and Sabi couldn't get comfortable, Laura seemed to keep tossing and turning and I know that *I* couldn't sleep. I totally considered going to my bed! How terribly un-camping-like-spirit was that? Finally, I got up from my tossing anna enjoyed cooking them and feeding them to Laura! >.< onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg_1Ut2rvCt1dLWCa1sUwZ_oH_aMmqiiFtMNIuYbrsRrpuDmlW-Rup9tZVVl4_rpENcUyaFOk0ER0DbKN1fv9pzNnxKeqj0zBjB2imgUm39RqO4zHyXJYjuDMoilnss4O8QVF1xp59ITtbN/s1600-h/DSCF7719.JPG">Some highlights:
*Me and Sabina went to the bathroom in the woods before we went to bed, after giving her a crash course on how to do it correctly.
*
Sabina leaping onto David in the middle of the night because she thought she felt a spider.
*Dixie taking away David's hotdog stick with the hotdog still on it while he was trying to find a bun. (even though we'd already fed her one!)
*Feeding Laura marshmellows.
*Finding a fuzzy caterpillar on my sweatshirt. >_>
*Dixie hopping into the tent while we were trying to roll up our sleeping bags and rolling around all over looking for some love.

No comments: