Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BYU-I Trip Phase 1 - Comfort Suites

So, me'n Dad left around 3:00, when we meant to leave around 2:00... oh well! I attempted to sleep for at least 1.75 hours of the 3.00 hour trip, but it passed pretty uneventfully. Then, we arrived at Comfort Suites, the place where we're staying, and WOW! Man it is NIIIIIIIIICE!!! It's got a pool and a jacuzzi outside (thank heaven Monday was Memorial Day!), 5 floors (each one has a presidential suite and two executive suites), an exercise room, breakfast (that we WON'T get to have, since we're heading out before 6am) from 6-9:30am, a beautiful fountain out front, and if it ain't in the ritzy-ist part of town! I love it. For those who don't know, I LOVE staying at hotels - especially nice ones - and I'm so excited that it has a pool! I've been wanting to swim in a hotel's pool since last year when we went on the family reunion and stayed in 5+ different hotels. But we ALWAYS got in too late and out too early, so I'm glad that we got here at 6:00!

After we got here and checked in, went up and dumped our load of luggage, we scouted out food. Luckily, Dad didn't want a restaurant setting, so we went to Arby's! Why was I so enthusiastic about eating at a typical fast-food restaurant while on VACATION?! Calories. That's it. I was really dreading going to a restaurant and facing temptation and not knowing the calories (because I had no idea where we were going and couldn't look up their nutrition facts on line first!) but luckily, gratefully, thankfully, Dad wanted to go to something quick so we went to Arby's. I got a Martha's Vineyard Salad that I had looked up nutrition info about a week or so ago for mine and Olyvia's Arby's trip with like 272 calories and only used a little less than half of the 100 calorie pack of ranch dressing. Then I drank water. (I did eat 5 lemonsnaps before we left, but that was only 120 calories so I probably consumed a 450 calorie dinner... not too bad.)

I was considering using the exercise room, but I couldn't find it on the map and I don't feel like asking. But I still might... depends on how quickly my food settles. Anyways, I'm gonna go dress for the pool!

No comments: