Friday, May 30, 2008

Purchases and Cousins

We left the Allred's yesterday in their small truck at about 10:30 and went to Orem. We were gonna go straight to Tina's, but Dad decided that we'd go find me a camera first. Well... we went to a Target, a Wal*mart, and a Best Buy in Orem and didn't find it. Target had the camera model, but it wasn't in stock. Wal*mart didn't have it in stock. Best Buy had one below the one I wanted and above the one I wanted. So then we backtracked to American Fork. Well, we went into the Best Buy there and I decided to get the one a smidgen below the one I originally wanted, which I ended up liking better anyways because its prettier and smaller. And we got a fast read SD card for it. Anyways, I had been meaning to get fitted for new running shoes at Fleet Feet in Roanoke before I left, but never got the chance. So I checked for them in Utah before we had flown and there was ONE in American Fork (but I wasn't sure if that's where it read it was). We asked everywhere we went to get a camera if anyone had heard about Fleet Feet, "Nope. Never heard of it." Well, I was a little bummed, but when we stepped out of Best Buy I looked to my right and THERE IT WAS! So I got fitted and purchased some new running shoes. YAY!

We ate lunch at Subway then went to Tina's house. I sat with Tina and Dad for a bit, April came by and hugged and fussed over me and we chatted for a bit until she left for school. It always takes awhile to warm up to your cousins, but eventually (after spending time with Aaron and Jared, the youngest as they played on Lego.com) I went into the boys' room and sat on the bed and talked to Jacob, Matt, Zack and Josh. The four of them, me and Jared eventually walked down to Hogi Yogi's I think it's called, where they proceeded to offer to buy me something and they themselves purchased shakes and cookie/ice cream sandwiches (which looked divine). I refused, which it helped to resist seeing April and her mom and how skinny they were. I'm gonna be skinny too! The walk down there was about 20 minutes but not very exerting... well, not exerting at all, it was all flat at a meandering pace and then slightly downhill. Tina picked us up.

I went to Julie's to say Hi, but the reception was not as enthusiastic as Tina's. Mark said hello from his office and then Lauren and Ashley were preoccupied with their friend but I sat and talked a little bit anyways until Julie came home. They were all pretty busy since they were getting ready to go to a piano recital, but Zack was probably the sweetest and most accomodating (he was the one who kept offering to buy me something at Hogi Yogi's and I thought it was sweet until I realized he had his Mom's credit card... hahaha). Oh, *adds note to put 'small homemade peanut butter cookie' on her eating list from yesterday* Then I walked back to Tina's when they were about to leave, had some Taco Soup and me and Dad got in the car and followed Tina's family to a local park where the BYU Management Society or something like that was having a free barbecue and silent auction raise tuition money for people on scholarships. It was just a bunch of families there, but not really that big of a group. We got some food (I just got side items since I'd already eaten taco soup) and then left. Tina and April made sure I made promises to come visit, and they're gonna check to see if anyone is coming down from Rexburg to there on the weekend of the 14th so I can be at Dan's farewell (he's going to Hong Kong!)

Then we rode back to Alma's and got there about 8:30 and it was still light! I love their house, it's so bright and cheery, they've got two birds (George and Figaro, George is mean.) that Nathan their son introduced us to, he lives in the house beside them with his wife they're both planning to be doctors and he just finished medical school. I went to bed around 11:30 I suppose... talked to Sabina for a bit, got my scriptures read, my teeth brushed and then kept busy until I stopped myself by reading the 3rd Vampirates book. I'll post pictures in just a minute.

No comments: