Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Exercise! Motivation! Yoy! ^^

I am motivated, and I know it's only because the Lord is helping me. Even in the past when I've exercised for 10 weeks straight (and then quit xP) I still wasn't motivated for other things. But this time I am! I pray each night for me - and the family - to have motivation to do the things we need to do that day, and by golly if Heavenly Father hadn't blessed us with motivation! Yesterday I got everything on my To-Do List done. Wow. Even at the height of motivation, I have never gotten everything on it completed, but I did yesterday. (okay, excluding a minor optional thingy) And today, I've done so well that I've already gotten my Chemistry and Exercising done for today. I started all of this yesterday, by the way... so I've got awhile to go before its all set in stone as a habit, but it WILL happen. Now I just need to convince myself to go clean my room, eh?

Next line of business (as I finish my courses before May 30th, finish Personal Progress, and wait to be accepted at BYU Idaho) is finish training Justin: completing his neck reining training, pick up his hind feet without kicking (tied, crosstied and untied), standing still while saddling, and lowering his head for the bridle. I've also ordered a Trick Training book for Justin that seems to follow the rules of Natural Horsemanship, because he's so curious, loves to play with things and I think he'd do well to put some of his playfulness to good use by learning tricks! Now, I just need to keep myself from getting too anxious/excited and only teaching him tricks; he really shouldn't have 'trick training' more than 10-15 minutes a day at max.

Other line/s of business is that I'm going to make my own workout video. No, don't laugh! I want and need to practice Clogging and Irish, but it's a pain to follow a workout I've written down. If I'm watching something, it'll be easier. I already know how I can do it, the problem is trying to find an area big enough and free of obstruction enough to film it. I'm going to use Mom's camera, record each segment (warmup, routine 1, routine 2, etc, and cooldown/stretch) separately, then take them into Windows Movie Maker and put the music that I clogged to and put it all together. Because, if you record someone clogging with music, the music won't be loud enough if you're watching it to clog to yourself. I'm also going to put the next steps across the screen instead of saying it. I'm really excited to do it! I'm going to make an Irish one too, or I might just add an irish segment. Clogging around is fine to warm up for Irish, although there are calf, shin and ankle warmups you need to include. I'm hopefully gonna start writing down the outline, minutes, songs, moves and routines that'll be on it today. AFTER I accomplish the stuff on my To-Do List! :-D

Okay, so the LAST line of business is writing a novel. I know I said I would write one that pertained to real life, but... I think I'm going to write a fantasy novel. ^_^ I can't get different fantasy stories out of my head, so I think that's where I'm going to go. My ideas now seem to surround a story with the point of view being an animal. I don't know if it'll be like an Animal's world or the real world with people and the animal just happens to be in it and telling it from its perspective. Probably an Animal's world, I like that idea. I've written stories (that's how I describe roleplaying) from horses', wolves', and even cougars' perspectives and I like how expressive animals are. It's fun to describe all the different body parts and how they move in relation to their emotions and expressions.

No comments: